Archive for the ‘Uncategorized’ Category
Thank you to everyone who helped out with the mega event and to all of the families and students who sold product. Each and every fundraiser we put together benefits out students and our school!
The students who participated in the Mega Event last night seemed to be having a blast!
If your child earned the limo ride as part of their rewards from the Fall Fundraiser, it is tentatively being planned for the week after Halloween. Stay tuned for more details.
Welcome to the 2016-2017 school year at WGS! We’re very excited to be starting this year off on a great foot over at the PTO. Our first meeting on September 6th was well attended and we have a lot of fresh faces ready and willing to jump in to help the school and kids. It’s an exciting time to be part of the PTO at WGS, and we’re needing as many parents to join us to make this year as successful as we can. There are numerous volunteer opportunities available this year. Attached is a form for you to fill out about all of our current planned events. Please let us know if you’ll be able to make it!
Signing up as interested doesn’t lock you into helping on that date. We realize that things come up as the school year goes on, but we’re hoping to get a good response ahead of time so we can continue to plan fun events for our children and families. Stay tuned for posts on this page this year, as well as updated events and sign up information. Thanks so much for being part of Team Gecko!
One blogger’s honest review of the top ten reasons she loves being a part of her PTO:
- When you work full-time, it’s hard to feel involved with, and connected, to your kid’s school, especially since so many activities and events are during the day. I am so appreciative of our 6:30pm monthly meetings.
- Building relationships and getting face time with the principals never hurts.
- I’ve had the opportunity to meet some talented and dedicated parents.
- It’s allowed me to form a larger and more meaningful connection with our community.
- I’m proud I can use my time, along with my professional skills, to help improve my son’s educational experience.
- It allows me to have a voice in what is happening in our schools.
- It’s a forum to discuss or share concerns.
- By being involved in his school and taking on voluntary work to help our community, I’d like to think I’m setting a good example about the importance of both education and citizenship.
- It can be hard work, but it is also incredibly rewarding … and a lot of fun!
- It’s nice to be “in the know” on what’s going on, not just in the classroom but in the larger school district as well.
(Courtesy of Jessica at KeepingMommySane.com)