One blogger’s honest review of the top ten reasons she loves being a part of her PTO:
- When you work full-time, it’s hard to feel involved with, and connected, to your kid’s school, especially since so many activities and events are during the day. I am so appreciative of our 6:30pm monthly meetings.
- Building relationships and getting face time with the principals never hurts.
- I’ve had the opportunity to meet some talented and dedicated parents.
- It’s allowed me to form a larger and more meaningful connection with our community.
- I’m proud I can use my time, along with my professional skills, to help improve my son’s educational experience.
- It allows me to have a voice in what is happening in our schools.
- It’s a forum to discuss or share concerns.
- By being involved in his school and taking on voluntary work to help our community, I’d like to think I’m setting a good example about the importance of both education and citizenship.
- It can be hard work, but it is also incredibly rewarding … and a lot of fun!
- It’s nice to be “in the know” on what’s going on, not just in the classroom but in the larger school district as well.
(Courtesy of Jessica at KeepingMommySane.com)